gigglingkat: The TV light fills my heart like a balloon, I know I'm just another fan (addict: TV Boyfriends)
[personal profile] gigglingkat
So we had a watch along for The Umbrella Academy Season 2 on the Confab Discord server and as I was the one silly enough to bring it up, I ended up being the one coordinating it.  Here's what I learned.

Netflix Party is easy to set up.  You need to be on a computer/laptop - PC, Mac or Chromebook as you have to access Netflix on Google Chrome and have Netflix Party extension installed.   It went great and we very much enjoyed squeeing together watching the show.  There's just something about sharing fandom live with fangirls.

That said - I would recommend the Scener chrome extension over Netflix Party.
  1. Accounts:  Netflix Party is plug and play; Scener makes you create an account.  This was the main reason I went with NP.  It was on the fly, and I wanted to keep the setup bar fairly low.  We weren't sure it was going to be worth the trouble.  Hopefully, the others enjoyed it as much as I did and we can do more.
  2. Streaming Services: Netflix Party is limited to Netflix.  Scener is Netflix, Disney +, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Max, Funimation, and Vimeo.  Each party goer has to log into the service on their own and the app then takes control.
    1. NP was a little buggy and booted me out of my own party on the second night.  Other users had problems joining in mid stream and yet other users got in just fine. *shrugs*
  3. Chat Capabilities: NP has a chat room to the side confined to text.  Scener offers vid, voice and text all to your preferences.
  4. Room sizes:: NP doesn't have a limit posted.  Scener caps out at 20 connections.

Profile

gigglingkat: sing for the laughter, sing for the tears (Default)
gigglingkat

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

The Looking Glass

Fanfic: it's all tagged as story: something
Meta: it's all tagged as "my brain: thinky thoughts are thunk" and let that tag be a warning to you.
Music Rants: it's all tagged as "mood: owns my soul" because I cannot stop
Page generated Sep. 13th, 2026 11:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit